At the QVRM Association, we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of visitors to our qvrm.org web site. In particular, we want you to know that we do not share emails or other information with any other organisations or companies. In this Privacy Notice, we’ve provided information on when and why we collect your personal information, how we use it, and how we keep it secure.
Who we are?
The Queen’s Volunteer Reserves Medal (QVRM) Association is a member organisation for those recipients of the QVRM who wish to join us.
What information do we collect?
When someone visits qvrm.org we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
How do we use personal information?
Personal data collected via the website is used in a number of specific ways:
- Analysis of visitor behaviour on the website is used in the ongoing development of our website and online communications.
- Data collected via our contact form is only used to enable us to respond. Your email is not used for other purposes, and once the response and any subsequent exchange is completed, your email is deleted from our records.
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data
We only process personal data as described above for the management of communication and only with your explicit consent.
When do we share personal data?
We do not share your personal data with other organisations or companies.
Where do we store and process personal data?
We store emails on our own server in the UK.
How do we secure personal data?
Access to the emails obtained via the contact form is restricted to the QVRM Association Webmaster and the Committee Member(s) dealing with the response. The mailbox is on a secure UK-based server.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
Emails obtained via our contact form are retained until the completion of the exchange generated by the contact. At the end of the exchange a summary of the conversation is retained for audit purposes, but the email address is deleted from our records.
Your rights in relation to personal data
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact us to find out more or to ask any questions using the contact details in this form.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. You can write to us at the address shown to request a copy of the information we hold.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Any such request would be reviewed and where no overriding legal requirement or justification exists for retaining your data we would comply with your request.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data. This may arise if you have queried the processing of your data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes e.g. marketing.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
How to contact us?
Please direct any queries about privacy to the QVRM Association Webmaster.